As a student member of APT, you will reap all the benefits of full APT membership at a greatly reduced rate that is friendlier to your budget. With a valid current student ID you can join APT today and enjoy the following benefits:
- subscription to the APT Bulletin, the peer-reviewed journal that is the ultimate source for cutting-edge preservation techniques
- subscription to the Communiqué, our quarterly electronic newsletter
- student conference scholarships and presentation program
- opportunities to attend APT annual conferences, held in cities across North America
- specialized training and education opportunities
- discounts on conferences and publications
- listing in and access to APT online membership directory
- online access to past issues of the Bulletin via JSTOR, a digital archive that enables APT members to search, browse, download, and print full-text PDF versions of articles
As a student member of APT, you will have the invaluable opportunity to network with professionals and learn from firms from around the world that are involved in the preservation and conservation of the built environment.
APT invites and welcomes interest in establishing student chapters of APT.
Benefits of Student Chapters:
- Access by invitation, to APT members for speaking engagements at the chapter's school. For example, a student chapter can create a lecture series on preservation and conservation issues from a variety of disciplines.
- Potential access to the offices of preservation firms and APT members in your region.
- Access by invitation, to APT members to serve as advisors to the chapter.
- Access to sites under construction/preservation through other APT members in your region.
- Access to training courses that serve as a template to create similar training courses in your region.
- The opportunity to network with other professionals and learn from firms nationwide that are involved in the preservation and conservation of the built environment.