Hawaii - Pacific Chapter
The APT Hawaii-Pacific Islands Chapter is comprised of members of the Association for Preservation Technology International (APT International) who currently reside in Hawaii and the Pacific US territories.
The APT Hawaii-Pacific Islands Chapter was formally constituted in 2012; the inaugural event was a guided tour of the recently restored Ford Island Control Tower at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Oahu, Hawaii.
In addition to enjoying the sunny days, tropical breezes and swaying palm trees, the chapter is committed to the following goals:
- Create training and professional education opportunities in conservation and preservation technology through workshops, tours, and other preservation-related events
- Raise awareness and appreciation of historic preservation
- Promote discussion of conservation challenges
- Share resources with other related organizations such as Historic Hawaii Foundation, DOCOMOMO, and ICOMOS
- Increase membership and participation in APT International
Membership in the Chapter is automatic for all APT members in the Hawaii and the US Pacific Territories. There are no additional dues.